- When lighting a soy candle for the first time, allow the wax to melt all the way to the sides of the container. Depending on the container size, this should take around 1-3 hours.
- Failure to do this will often cause "tunneling" which will limit the life of your new soy candle.
- Soy wax does not burn as hot as paraffin wax, so soy wax candles require a thicker wick, which does not burn 100% and needs to be trimmed regularly.
- Aim to trim your wick to about 1/4"/6-8mm before you re-light your candle. This will ensure a long lasting candle, minimize soot and remove any mushrooming of carbon on the end of the wick.
- Extinguish your candle by dipping the wick into the melted wax and straighten. Please remember the candles are hand poured although every effort is made to ensure consistency, every candle will be a little different.